A wire harness can be simple, two wires with basic terminals on the end, or a complex web of many conductors with a variety of connectors and terminations. In addition, wire harnesses often need special shapes, sheathing, mechanical fastening and over molded connectors, grommets or strain reliefs. Meridian Cable can assist in the custom design of your wiring harness or quote your existing wire and cable harness design. With wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and the US, both of which are UL® approved for wire harness manufacturing, we are ready to help solve your cable assembly and wire harness needs.
- We have a full complement equipment to process wire harness, from basic hand tools to semi-automatic machines to fully automated systems, depended on the accuracy needed.
- We have an extensive tool crib that covers most terminal manufacturers.
- Fine pitch, computer controlled soldering.
- Multi cable wrapping or sheathing.
- Ultrasonic welding.
- Over molding for connectors, strain reliefs, grommets.
- Programmable, automated test equipment.
- Automated wire cutting equipment capable of handling a wide range of wires and cables.
We can extrude conductors as small as 34 gauge and as large as 12 gauge. These can be combined to create a mixed gauge cable.
- 34 awg
- 32 awg
- 30 awg
- 28 awg
- 26 awg
- 24 awg
- 22 awg
- 20 awg
- 18 awg
- 16 awg
- 14 awg
- 12 awg
Meridian’s custom wire and cable harness capabilities are extensive, from 1 conductor to cables with more than 50 conductors. Custom colors, striping and marking are available to meet your wiring harness design requirements.
Your conductors can be made with stranding as small as 0.002 inches (0.05mm) which is excellent for hi-flex, supple cables. If you just need a standard power conductor we can use stranding as large as 0.01 inches (0.25 mm). Stranding can be bare copper, tinned stranding, tinned conductor or even plated with precious metals such as silver for increased conductivity.
The first protection in any cable is the conductor’s insulation. Meridian’s wire and cable extrusion capabilities include a wide range of materials to match your requirements for flexibility, abrasion resistance and environmental conditions. We use the range from basic PVC, PE or PP. We also use insulating materials such as natural rubber, PU, TPE, PTFE (Teflon®) and silicone.
- Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)
- Thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPEE)
- Thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon®)
UL® Certified Wire & Cable
There are many standard UL® cable types. UL® standards help designers choose a cable with known specifications instead of creating one from scratch. We are certified by UL® to produce many standard types of wire and cable harnesses.
These can be modified for color and stripping and still be UL certified.